1. Qualifications and experiences:
- Has more than 35 years of professional attorney experience in the fields of business, finance, banking, and insurance; 27 years of service and management in enterprises, including 19 years at 4 commercial banks.
- Founding and undertaking the position of Chairman of the Board of Members of BASI CO Law Firm – a leading law firm in the field of financial consulting, banking, insurance from 2007 to 2020; Separated to establish ANVI law firm with the position of Executive Lawyer.
- Capable to combine both law and practicality in order to resolve customers’ legal issue.
2. Current positions:
- Executive Lawyer of ANVI Law Firm.
- A member of the Legal Science Council of the Vietnam International Arbitration Center (VIAC), located at the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI).
- Vietnam Mediator Center (VMC) under VIAC.
- Standing Member – Head of Advisory and Policy Board, Vietnam Association of Business Administrators (VACD).
- Permanent member of Scientific Council of Institute for Policy, Law and Development (PLD) of Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Council (VUSTA).
- Deputy Director of the Center for Professional Training of Lawyers, Hanoi BAR Association.
3. Previous held positions:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, founder of Basico Law Firm 2007 to 2020.
- Maritime Bank Deputy CEO and Legal Director of various banks throughout 19 years building a legal career for the banking industry; co-author of the regulation and process system, crucial profession business forms used by VIB, Maritime Bank and many other banks.
- Examining consultants of projects, draft legal documents of the Government office,
- Member of the Working Group implementing the Enterprise Law and Investment Law 2014 (chaired by the Ministry of Planning and Investment, established by the Prime Minister).
- Chairman of the Banking Legal Club (Vietnam Banking Association – VNBA) (session 1 & 2, from 2013 to 2017).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Enterprise Law Club (Ministry of Justice) (session 3, from 2013 to 2019).
4. Experience in dispute resolution:
- Participated in litigation to defend the defendants, protecting the legal rights of banks and businesses in hundreds of economic, civil and criminal cases at all levels of the Court, including numerous important bank-related cases such as Nguyen Duc Kien (Bau Kien – ACB), Huynh Thi Huyen Nhu (Vietinbank), etc
- Participated as Chairman and member of the Arbitration Council as well as lawyer resolving dozens of disputes about: Insurance; investment; bidding; business cooperation, capital contribution; real estate sale, purchase and lease; payment; contruction; transportation, etc.
5. Research and teaching:
- As one of the most active, practical, insightful and effective researchers and critics on financial and banking legal issues, according to VCCI and the Ministry of Justice. Hence, lawyer Truong Thanh Duc has been invited to participate in numerous ministerial-level scientific research projects; joined the Appraisal Council on many Laws and Decrees such as the Law on Notarization 2006, Law on Deposit Insurance of 2012, Law on Housing 2014, Law on Real Estate Business 2014, Civil Code 2015; Law amending and supplementing the Law on Credit Institutions in 2017, etc.
- As the author of 3 books of the National Political Truth Publishing House:
- “Business success with legal insight” (formerly “Thesis on Enterprise Laws”) (Applying the Enterprise Law 2020 and related regulations), 512 pages, published on December 2016, reprinted 7th edition in 2021;
- “9 measures to ensure contractual obligations” (Regulations, practice and transaction design according to the Civil Code) (604 pages, published on on October 2017, reprinted 6th edition in 2021);
- “Handbook of banking law (Identifying legal problems) “(576 pages, published on May 2020, 2nd edition);
- Co-authored some books such as:
- “Commercial Contract Manual” of VIAC, Labor Publishing House 2010.
- “Curriculum skills of legal consultancy for businesses” (in-depth part) of the Judicial Academy, Judiciary Publishing House, 2016.
- Has participated in hundreds of lectures on economic and banking law at the Judicial Academy, Vietnam Bar Federation, Hanoi Open University as well as many other businesses and universities.
- Has been presented at over 6,600 articles, speeches, interviews and quotes in various types of newspapers such as VTV1, VOV1, VITV, Saigon Economic Times, Vietnamnet, etc
6. Recognition & rewards:
- Awarded the title of “Lawyer for the Community” by the Ministry of Justice in 2012 (the most recent golden title awarded to the most prominent law firms and lawyers in the country) and “Judiciary Shinning Example” in 2015.
- Awarded Certificate of Merits by VCCI, Ministry of Justice, Hai Phong City People’s Committee, Vietnam Youth Union.
7. Fields of work:
- Banks (services, credit, security transactions).
- Enterprise (organization, administration, operation).
- Finance – Insurance – Tax policy.
- Ecommerce. Civil – Economy – Labor.
- Real Estate.
- Capital transactions – M&A.
- Administration – Criminal.
- Dispute resolution.
- Independent member of the Board of Directors.
8. Contact information:
- Lawyer Duc Truong Thanh
- Phone: 090-345-9070
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Room 406, Building Savina, No.4 Trang Tien St., Trang Tien ward, Hoan Kiem dist., Hanoi city.
- Fb: Truong Thanh Duc